Tech Support banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Logitech Marathon Mouse that is about 18 months old. It has started freezing in place. I've changed the battery and adjusted the cursor speed in Windows 10 settings but that doesn't help. Logitech setpoint doesn't seem to work It only shows the screen in the attachment. I tried loading the more recent software Options and it trashed the pc and I had to install the latest image backup.

Attachments

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,509 Posts
Try only using the MS generic driver.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard utility. It said it failed to recognize any Microsoft devices.

·
28,509 Posts
There's nothing to install. What we're referring to is already there showing in your Device manager as HID compliant Mouse. The driver dates back to 2006.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing to install. What we're referring to is already there showing in your Device manager as HID compliant Mouse. The driver dates back to 2006.
That didn't change anything. In thinking about the problem, I considered that no new mouse software has been installed. I tried to install Logitech Options but it crashed my PC and I had to install a recent image.

Maybe a driver got corrupted? So I ran SFC /SCANNOW. It reported that some corrupted files were fixed. I couldn't make sense of which ones. The cursor is behaving better.

·
28,509 Posts
Scan results can be found on your computer here: c:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

1 - 8 of 8 Posts