Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Microsoft Outlook 2002 was working fine until one day it began giving me this error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again. I click OK and another window pops up: Would you like to open your default File System folder instead? If I click Yes, 'Mycomputer' opens, and if I click No, Outlook closes. Outlook is my clint mail and now I cannot open my emails.
Mine OS is Windows XP SP3. I uninstalled MS Office and reinstalled it twice, thinking the problem would be solved, but I am in the same spot. I googled for this problem and some forums were talking about some Outlook.pst file being corrupt or to placeit in another folder.....but I just couldn't make out what exactly to do, and in the bargain messed up everything. There isn't any clear step-by-step process explained to solve the problem.
Would anyone kindly help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2002 fails to open

Hi godsendjk,
As your name suggests, you re really God-sent! The very first solution on daniweb worked like magic. It was so simple and yet, following forums, I was going a long round-about way trying to do the same function which should have been done by Outlook itself. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Microsoft Outlook 2002 fails to open

Hi Robin55,

Glad to hear that the issue has been fixed...

You can close the thread by clicking on Thread tool and select close/solved...

Cheers!!(**,)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.