Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this problem once or twice now. A system restore has fixed it before but not this time. Anybody have a fix ??

I can go into Live TV fine, but as soon as I go into my Videos it starts to display folders then freezes and a window pops up saying Media Centre has stopped working and will restart and thats all I get. When it restarts I get the same thing when I try to go into Videos.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dash

Using Windows 7 Professional
AMD Athlon 3800+ 2.0 ghx Dual Core 3Gb ram
Nvidia 6800+
Remote wonder plus Tuner Card

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Media centre has stopped working error

Okay it's weird but If I go into Manage Media Library in Settings in Media Center and remove all the folders in the Video section and then go back in a put all the folders back in to the Video section it works!! What's with that ?? Any Ideas ??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Media centre has stopped working error

Still have not fixed this problem, However may have found what is causing it. If I go into regedit HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Media Center\Media Folders\Video it's not showing any values other than default (IE. not of the video folders I have in media centre are showing there. How ever If I go into \Movie it shows the DVD folder I have assigned.

So some help here would be appreciated, how come when I add folder in media center to the movie section the are being recorder in the registry but when I add folders to the Video section in Media Center they are not being recorded in the registry ?? I think this may be the main problem. 20 views on this and no replies except mine so far !! so far !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.