Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My McAfee SecurityCenter periodically reports that its SystemGuards protection is shut off. I re-enable it, but shortly after the notice comes up again. It's shown kinks like this in the past, so I think it may simply be doing that again, but right now it's bothering me... any ideas on what's causing it? (By the way, I'm not seeing any hints of malware other than possibly this)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: McAfee acting up

My McAfee SecurityCenter periodically reports that its SystemGuards protection is shut off. I re-enable it, but shortly after the notice comes up again. It's shown kinks like this in the past, so I think it may simply be doing that again, but right now it's bothering me... any ideas on what's causing it? (By the way, I'm not seeing any hints of malware other than possibly this)

I have had the exact same problem with SystemGuards and the best thing I basically did was delete it. Somehow my anti-virus was linked with my malware problem and when I removed it from my PC everything was restored. I'm not quite sure but if someone does know the solution it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

When i had McAfee several years ago this was one of the problems that made me get rid of it. It is the program itself that is causing the issue.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well, it's stopped doing it now. McAfee and its random quirks...
I guess the bad programming part would explain all the other strange things it sometimes does as well. Thanks for the replies!

·
Games Team | Tech, Networking Team-Tech
3,752 Posts
Actually, I wouldn't be too sure it's done, because earlier this year when it was doing it a lot, it didn't do it for a couple of weeks, and I thought it was done, but it wasn't completely.:sigh:

·
Registered
5 Posts

Well, it's stopped doing it now. McAfee and its random quirks...
I guess the bad programming part would explain all the other strange things it sometimes does as well. Thanks for the replies!
I've had the same problem. I've noticed it only happens for me when it updates. :4-dontkno I just re-enable it and everything works fine until the next update. I belive, as was mentioned, that it's a code problem. I was given a 3 year subscription as a gift and I can't wait until it's finished. :sigh:
I will admit though, that I haven't had any virus/malware problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.