Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[SOLVED] Mandrake 9.0 &am

Mandrake Linux 9.0 "Dolphin" has arrived!

Available here.................:D

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hmm... let me know how it goes, if there are any new features and such ...

I used to use Mandrake all the time, but recently Iv been getting along real well with Redhat ...

This is to anyone who bothers reading anything in the Linux Forum :D :
Seriously, if your not a "gamer" then there is nothing you can do in Windows that cannot be done in Linux. Most of the time it can be done in Linux better, you don't have to worry about crashes, hacks, viruses and most of the time programs run clean. I reccomend Linux to all those who use their computer for non-gaming activities. As to be fair Linux is not a gamers box, main stream gaming programmers just don't program for linux unfortunately. But for everything else Linux is defiantly the way to go.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
there aint no download center, that or i can't find it. It just keeps
asking me about the club...

·
hey
10,189 Posts
TheTechIsIn said:
Seriously, if your not a "gamer" then there is nothing you can do in Windows that cannot be done in Linux. Most of the time it can be done in Linux better, you don't have to worry about crashes, hacks, viruses and most of the time programs run clean. I reccomend Linux to all those who use their computer for non-gaming activities. As to be fair Linux is not a gamers box, main stream gaming programmers just don't program for linux unfortunately. But for everything else Linux is defiantly the way to go.
Amen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got a mouse issue...................:mad:

Now I gotta get around with the keyboard til I can figure out how to fix it............Crap!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I got the mouse working by reloading and selecting the scroll mouse. I may do a fresh install because I did an upgrade and I guess it keeps the old version. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I game in Linux :D Return to Castle Wolfenstein, SimCity 3000, Soldier of Fortune, UT, Quake3 ... and UT2003 and the new Doom are slated to be Linux games as well, so phooey to the windows users! heh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.