Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Well...yesterday I went over my broadband usage limit so the speed was slowed to 64kbps.

Then when I came on today...the speed was back to normal!

So I went onto the site to check my details in case I got them wrong. My billing period doesn't end until tomorrow so I'm still meant to be on a slow speed.

My Norton full system scan scan didn't show anything...but I just think it's weird that my internet is super slow one day and then fast the next when the conditions are still the same...

Is this just a weird lapse in their system?
Or am I infected with something that might alter the speed or sign me up to an internet company? If there is such a thing...

I'm kind of paranoid right now about my computer security (I posted a thread a few days ago about why...if anyone's good with logs :1angel:) and this worries me a bit.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
Re: Kinda worried....is this to do with malware/spyware?

you may want to contact your isp and see what they can do. Some of them can help pinpoint a problem if its affecting your bandwidth.

As far as your log, you may need to give them more time than normal to get to it since this is a holiday weekend in some areas. Anyway according to their rules, you can bump it after 72 hours.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

Are you on bigpond by any chance? Because the same thing happens to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I'll bump it sometime then :smile: I didn't realize it was a holiday.

And yes! I am on Bigpond! So it's normal?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

I am guessing it is normal. As I and other people who I have spoke to on Bigpond have the same thing happen to them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thank you! That's calmed me down. I've just never gone over my limit so I've never had this happen.
I'll talk to some of my friends, see if it's the same with them.

Thanks to both of you :grin:

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

No problems.

Could you please mark this thread Resolved? Click Thread tools, then on Mark This Thread Resolved, as seen in the image below:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.