Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions:

Is there a keyboard shortcut to "sign out" of a Gmail account in the event the mouse freezes.

Is there a keyboard short to exit Mozilla Firefox that also clears history as well.

Make that three questions. Is there an index of useful keyboard shortcuts in situations when the mouse does not work?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Re: Keyboard Shortcut in Gmail

Hi, welcome to TSF

1. Alt-F4 will close down any program. Just make sure the program you want to close is the one in focus. You can switch focus by using Alt-Tab.

2. To close down Firefox and clear the browsing history, you first need to setup up how Firefox closes. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Private Data Settings button. Put a checkmark in the 'Browsing History' and 'Cache' boxes and click OK. Then put a checkmark in the 'Always clear my private data when I close Firefox' box and click OK. Alt-F4 will now close Firefox and clear the cache and history.

3. Go to google and type 'xp keyboard shortcuts'. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301583

If Gmail, Firefox and any other programs are crashing regularly, it might be better to fix the problem with the freezing mouse rather than relying on these workarounds. Do you get this problem often?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Keyboard Shortcut in Gmail

Thank you very much for a prompt reply and solution! I realized the problem was with positioning between the mouse and signal receiver, not with the OS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.