Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm having trouble loading pages such as facebook, The Escapist, Yahoo answers and upon further research all pages that have some form of login function. It is not a malware problem, it is not a slow internet connection, it is not a registry issue. I've run ASC scans and CCleaner, none of these are on my list of banned sites. There are no viruses on my computer, of this I am sure as the hard drive is two days old and fully protected, or on any of those in the house.

Facebook is particular takes several minutes to load then appears text only. I cannot navigate anywhere around the site from this text only version, nor can I engage in any interactions.

This issue is widespread throughout my household. All other computers in the house (2 PCs on Vista, a laptop on XP and a Mac with the latest... Mac OS thing) have the same issue. I'm at my wit's end.

Please help.
Dan

Edit: I should also state that I use Google Chrome, the other PC and Laptop use Firefox and the Mac uses Safari. There is no lack of disparity in search engines.

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,602 Posts
Re: Issues loading facebook, The Escapist, Yahoo answers...

If it affects all your computers on the network, then there is something wrong with your network, or your ISP. Have you turned off routers and modem, then turn just the modem back on, and after all it's lights have come back on, and stop blinking (this can take up to 10 min) turn your router on. Once it's on, then turn your computer one and try the site. If it's working then continue with each computer, one at a time. If this doesn't help, you need to call your ISP about the issue so that they can see if they have a problem with your modem, or their network.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Issues loading facebook, The Escapist, Yahoo answers...

Thankyou, resetting the router solved everything.

Deadset legend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.