Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dell poweredge 2650 only has a cd-rom and floppy drives built in.

i want to install w2k8, which is on a dvd. so, i bought this external usb dvd to boot up the w2k8 dvd but it couldn't. I checked the bios, it is up to date verson, but it doens't have the option of boot form usb dvd.

is there a way to workaround? or, is there a bootable floppy that allowed me to attach the USB DVD?

your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: install w2k8 on dell poweredge 2650 help?

i found a way to fix it. if anyone interested in knowing how please ms me., or post a replay to the thread.

cheer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please post how you got server 2008 installed on a Power Edge 2650. We replaced the CD drive with a DVD drive from a Power Edge 2950, but when we try to install Server 2008 through the Dell Shell (version 5.5), the windows installation gets stuck expanding the files and we get an error 0x80070003: File does not exist. We then tried installing directly from the Windows Server 2008 DVD but it fails again, albeit in a different place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what i did was using the lates Dell System Build and Update Utility v5.5- this DSBUU support W2k8 x32.
You can download this from the Dell website.
I got it put on a CD.

And, I boot up the DSBUU with the built in CD-Rom normally, and I use an external DVD Drive to load the w2k8 DVD when it prompt.

Hope this help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what i did was using the lates Dell System Build and Update Utility v5.5- this DSBUU support W2k8 x32.
You can download this from the Dell website.
I got it put on a CD.

And, I boot up the DSBUU with the built in CD-Rom normally, and I use an external DVD Drive to load the w2k8 DVD when it prompt.

Hope this help you.
THANK YOU!!! Exactly the solution I was looking for! :grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi guys i tried installing windows 2008 on my 2650 but im getting this error

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File:\$LDR$

info: the file is missing or corrupt

i tried re installing the OS but im still getting the same error.

hope u will help me to solve this problem guys im very excited to run this server for my self study..

thnx guys.

asa

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was 1 dell 2650 i think we weren't able to run w2k8 on it because it was an early/ old model of 2650. You know how like there is new update to the box (such as xp sp2, sp3 for OS and stuff like that).
so, in short, not 100% of all dell 2650 can handle w2k8 32 bit. if you need confirm on whether your box is old/ new 2650, you should look at Dell's website for clarification using your box service tag.

anyway. now everyone is start using w2k8 R2 - hahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.