Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I got dell latitude d800 laptop with dead display and without os (supposed to be XP, sticker is intact).
Hunting for affordable good shape lcd panel will take a while so I made unattended cd with nlite and installed XP but external monitor didn't fire up :sad:
I checked the installation with live CD and it looks like complete install so I got an idea that the install is lacking dell drivers particularly video driver (nvidia fx 5200 go card).
Even more: it's possibly lacking any video driver 'cause native display was disconnected.
So I have to somehow inject video driver and force setup to install it. Then XP must fire up external monitor and then I can update all the drivers.
I read about winnt.sif and $OEM$/Drivers directory but that all about "naked" drivers like .sys .cat .inf ... but the drivers I got from dell have also .dll .exe and other files but nvidia driver even has its own setup.exe.
How to make XP setup to install such drivers during unattended setup?

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,715 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Thanks for answering, those links are great but they also assume that drivers are in "nude" format: .inf, .sys, .vxd ... etc but I got .exe, .dll, .cab
I already tried to insert such drivers (sata, ahci) and I got no sata no ahci :)
Just for laugh the nvidia driver (the worst actually): see attached (if I'm allowed to attach anything).
Those .cab cabinets cannot be opened neither cabextract (MS cabs) nor InstallShield cab extractor.
Thanks anyway.

Attachments

·
68,715 Posts
Re: Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Hi fresh out of ideas at present

·
68,715 Posts
Good work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts