Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went on one of the sites that I regularly go onto, but the site kept saying 'internet explorer cannot connect to the site, operation aborted' very often whenever I tried to load a different page. It mainly seemed to be happening on one page in particular and all the other sites I go onto were alright so I assumed it was just the site.

However, another site I usually go onto just had the same error a couple of minutes ago and I am not starting to get a bit worried that there may be something wrong with IE or my computer. The problem still mainly seems to be happening on that one site in particular and the error only occurred once on the other site and I have loaded quite a lot of pages on that site very recently.

Basically I just want to ask, has anyone else been having problems with IE saying this error message recently? And if not, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix my issue? If it helps, the site that I was having problems with was Serebii.net

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: IE cannot connect to site, operation aborted problems

I too am having difficulty. This started with me yesterday on one of my quilting forums. My DD in Denver can access them so it isn't that the site isn't up and running.

piney

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Maybe IE is just having issues at the moment then? I tried going back on that website that was giving me issues earlier and everything seemed fine for a while, but then the site wouldn't load so I closed the tab and opened a new one and started getting the 'IE cannot open the site' error again.

I am just thankful that it mainly only seems to be happening on one site, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well, I have been on tons of sites since I got this problem yesterday and I haven't gotten any more of the errors yet on other sites, only the one that I am having issues with. The site is going pretty slow at the moment as well, so I think that (hopefully) it might just be the site that's having the issues at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I am still having issues with one site. I found that if I click to enable Active X too soon while the page is loading I get the IE cannot connect to site message. If I watch the scroll where the page is loading, once it gets loaded to a certain point I can click on the Active X and the page will continue to load.

piney

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On the website that I am having issues with, it just simply says 'IE cannot open the site' before the page has even loaded properly, the only thing that loads before I get the error is the background.

I have had problems with IE before with an error message saying something such as 'the site is busy and is causing IE to go slow, closing the tab now may cause issues' (I can't remember what it said exactly) on quite a few websites before, mainly this wiki (not wikipedia) that I used to go onto and that error message would almost always come up whenever I closed the tab. The error seemed to go away back itself though after a month or two.

The problem that I have now though is much worse though since the error keeps appearing after every 2-4 pages I click on. Thankfully it just seems to be happening on a site I don't care much about anyway, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi, I just got the same error message on yet another site that I usually go on today and I only have one question now and that is, how do you fix this issue?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please try this:

Clean TEMP files

Click Here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. Save it to your Desktop.

Go to your desktop and double click on ATF-Cleaner.exe.

Main

Under Main. Click Select All, then click Empty

----------------------------

If you use Firefox, click Firefox on the menu bar

Click on Select All, then click Empty
Note: If you want to keep your saved Passwords click No on the prompt.

----------------------------

If you use Opera, click Opera on the menu bar

Click on Select All, then click Empty
Note: If you want to keep your saved Passwords click No on the prompt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sorry if this sounds lame, but is that a guaranteed way to fix my issue? Also, I updated my browser from IE 7 to IE 8 earlier and according to the Microsoft website, the error that I am getting no longer happens in this browser, but I just got the exact same error again on Serebii a couple of minutes ago. I guess Microsoft lied, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No it is not a guaranteed way. it solves most cases but not all.
Okay, well thanks for letting me know about it. I will probably try it out sometime if the problem persists and/or gets worse. The only reason I asked if it was a guaranteed way to fix my issue was because I thought upgrading my browser to IE 8 would of been a guaranteed way to resolve my issue, but apparently not, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

No worries see how it goes.

Have you tried using another browser?
Will do, and thanks for the help yet again.

Yeah, I have tried google chrome and I didn't seem to be getting any issues on there, that said I haven't been using it very much. I have sticked to IE at the moment though since I wasn't too keen on chrome, lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Okay, thanks. I will try it out if the problems with IE persist. I have to admit that I think the main reason why I have not been using other web browsers is because I am just too lazy to log into all the sites I go on regularly again and re-adding my favorites. xD I might try it out though, even if the problems don't persist, when I am not feeling so lazy, lol.

On the subject of re-adding favorites, there is an option on google chrome to import your favorites from other web browsers, but I am not sure where the favorites are saved on my computer. Also, does firefox also have the option to import favorites?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

On the subject of re-adding favorites, there is an option on google chrome to import your favorites from other web browsers, but I am not sure where the favorites are saved on my computer. Also, does firefox also have the option to import favorites?
yes it does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Yea that is the most annoying part.
Agreed, lol. xD Anyway, thanks for all the help. I probably won't be posting on this thread anymore now since I have had all of the questions that I asked answered here. I have noticed that I haven't been having the IE error for a couple of days now so hopefully it has sorted itself out.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

No worries, I will close this thread for archiving if the problem returns just send me a PM and I will re-open it for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.