Re: I fixed the last problem but now I am completely STUCK WINDOWS WILL NOT EVEN L
This is the step by step you asked me for;
1) With power off, open the computer case.
2) You'll see where your master hard drive is located, this will have a 40 pin grey cable connected to it. With Master
written on it, it shall have a second connector further down the cable with Slave
written upon it.
3) The Hard drive will be sitting in a chassis bay, more then likely it will have 2 slots in it to hold 2 hard drives or more, put the current hard drive on the bottom bay, and connect the Slave
connection to it. Usually the slave connector is grey, and the master is black.
4) Put the spare hard drive you said if you have in the bay above the original hard drive, and connect the Master
5) You'll also notice a 4 pin PSU cable connected to the hard drive, it should have a second branched on the same cable, connect one to the master
and the second to the slave
6) Now you need to change the Jumper
settings on the back of the hard drives, both hard drives should have a label on them with jumper settings information. Looking a little something like this;
: : : : Slave
/ : : : Master or Single Drive
: : : / Limit capacity to X gb.
The vast majority of hard drives require the Jumper to be removed for it to act as the slave.
7) Then set the new hard drives Jumper settings to Master.
If your comfortable with what you have done, make sure all connections are secure, and the hard drives are safely in place, then close up the case.
8) Restart your machine.