Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not in Add/Remove programs.
I open ESET's uninstaller, and Windows Installer says "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed".

How can I remove NOD32?

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,755 Posts
Re: I can't uninstall NOD32!

Hi, what is the path to the system folder, or are you referring to start all programs and ESET nod32 showing up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus is the system path, but theres no "uninstaller" in there. There is one in the Start Menu, though, but it just doesn't work for the reason I posted above.

·
7,755 Posts

Hi, what happens if you try to open the program? Sometimes uninstalls will leave entries in the start or program folders these can be right clicked and deleted (ESET is one of them)If not you could reinstall the program then use the uninstaller to be rid of it (I know it's dutch).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It opens, and says your system is exposed to risk, click this balloon to check or something.

I open the program and it says Antivirus protection is disabled.

I press "start real-time protection" and then it says:
A serious error has occurred while starting real-time file system protection. The computer is not protected against threats. The program needs to be re-installed!.

The problem is that I have AVG installed, and it wants me to uninstall it.. IDK if I should go any further, as I wouldn't have protection.

·
7,755 Posts

Hi, No do not worry uninstall AVG (you should not have two Anti Virus programs on any one computer) after uninstalling AVG, reinstall NOD 32 then uninstall NOD32 then if you wish install AVG (I assume you had the free version of Nod 32, Nod 32 is the best AV on the market) The problem you are having is caused by conflict with two AV programs. You currently have NO protection so fix this, doubtful you would get infected while doing this.I stopped using any Anti Virus programs years ago this computer has never had a virus and never had any anti virus program installed.

·
7,755 Posts
Hi, at this stage any leftover keys will be "invalid" and Vista will simply ignore them, it is not necessary to remove them, there are typically many "invalid" keys in registry. Vista and to a lesser extent XP does a good job of ignoring them. This is one of the main reasons that Reg cleaners are not recommended, they simply are not needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I couldn't get NOS 32 Smart Security to uninstall no matter what I did. Then I found vguru143's suggestion and tried the unistall tool. Worked like a charm! Thank you very much vguru! I am whole again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.