Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Global Moderator
42,214 Posts
Re: I AM REINSTALLING WINDOWS XP

To Reinstall Windows, you must have a Windows Disc to do it. If you have a name brand computer (HP, Dell) etc you can try contacting the computer manufacturer about getting a Recovery CD. Or you can borrow a retail version of XP from a friend and use the product key that is on the machine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

I would like to do that but wha about the rest of the thing like the drivers and configure the OS I dont have no cd at all. o have a dell latitude c800

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hey rose you think windows 7 its a choice for mylaptop ita a dell latitude c800 32 bit

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,777 Posts

If you want to install Windows 7, you must purchase a copy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I need to reinstall my laptop asap if somebody would be so kind and send me the zip compresed files of the operating system,install driver,configure the OS install that critical and recommend updates and the restore backup data and.files I would really aprecciated

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,777 Posts

We cannot send you a zipped file.

Please read post number 2 above. You can borrow a copy but MUST use the key that is applicable to your Dell laptop. To use any other key or version of Windows without first purchasing it is illegal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Oh I am really sorry about that I didnt know I kind of new here please accept my apologys

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,255 Posts

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

·
Registered
20 Posts

Most laptops now come with the factory restore option built in to them, you can try it by booting up your laptop and pressing F8 as it boots and take the option of "Repair Computer" this may or may not give you an option to do a factory restore depending on how old it is. If the factory restore is there it should give you an option then to backup your personal files.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

The reason that I am reinstalling its bexause I am missing like 79 drivers right now I am on dell dell support about to install what I need then if my laptop stay the same way I am gonna have to reinstalled

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,255 Posts

Why are you missing drivers?? Ne sure to enter your service Tag and it will limit the drivers offered to the ones for your particular pc

·
Registered
94 Posts

You sound like try to restore a screwed laptop back to manufacture stats.

Try download and install Ubuntu, it works good, free and maybe completely solve all your problem.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

What type of dvd burning software does it have ?
Any program to burn video files to dvd video ?
Is it free or need to buy ?

How do you connect to internet using ubuntu ?
Is there a local area connection icon to click on ?

Thanks.

Try download and install Ubuntu, it works good, free and maybe completely solve all your problem.

·
Global Moderator
42,214 Posts

You cannot get a zipped file or any other form of a Legal Free version of XP. Any free version would be Pirated software and against forum rules. You shouldn't need 72 drivers either. Most drivers are installed by the OS (XP. Ubuntu Vista, or 7 etc) those that aren't are available from Dells Site.

·
Global Moderator
42,214 Posts

If you are satisfied with your answer, then please mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.