Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Security Team , Visiting Fellow , Expert Analyst
958 Posts
Re: How to use @ in naming of folders/files?

why are you creating a non existing problem
@ is not a reserved character in windows file/folder naming
no one can help you if you don't explain why you need to know these things or what problem you have using that character

Your other posts here & elsewhere suggest that you want someone to do your homework for you, which might be quicker initially, but you don't learn that way

You cannot alter the registry or any other setting to use reserved file names in windows

Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces (Windows)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

some characters are reserved such as @.

What can you change in the registry or how can you make it so you can use @ in naming of folders/files in winxp?
Hi

If you simply want to rename a folder using @, that's not hard to do. Hold down the alt key and hit 64 on the number pad.

You are asking for trouble if you try doing it in the registry. The registry is not to be played with unless you really know what you are doing.

Best regards,
Mack1

edit. Sent it to wrong guy, sorry:grin:

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

well i had a problem and mack1 fixed it so thanks

dvk01 said "no one can help you if you don't explain why you need to know these things or what problem you have using that character" but that is obviously wrong. your posts suggest that you are paranoid, and have some kind of obsession with "homework"

It doesn't said anywhere in the link that it's impossible and that "You cannot alter the registry or any other setting to use reserved file names in windows"

but i wanted to use @ and the minor problem was solved.

im not reading this thread again (i never subsribe to anything), and im not talking to you anymore, and i want you to stay away from me, and/or stalking my posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.