Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a 5200 but upgraded to an Nvidia 6600GT

How can I uninstall the previous 5200 drivers?
If I'm not to uninstall them will it cause problems? (My monitor keeps turning off every now and again and I have upgraded all drivers for this card.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Go to your device manager under display adapters right click and pick uninstall option.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
You didn't say which operating system. I'll assume you mean XP.

You can uninstall, update, or rollback drivers from the Device Manager. Go to Start, Run, and type devmgmt.msc to bring up the Device Manager window. Expand the device by clicking the + sign, and then right-click your installed device, then press Uninstall.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, It just has the 6600GT under the display adapters. I'm imagining it auto uninstalled the 5200 ones for me?

Yes I have XP.

·
Registered
462 Posts
most likely, the Nvidia driver setup must have done the hard work for you, as for your monitor turning off, the only thing i can think of is a heat problem. What does anyone else think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is how i unistall drivers,

1) uninstall graphics card drivers from Add/Remove programs
2) right-click \"my computer" \go to properties, then click on the hardware tab
3) in the hardware tab click \"device manager"\
4) under the display adapter heading - click on the \"+" \to the left and expand that branch.
5) right click on you graphics card and click un-install. *note if your graphics card have multiple outputs you will have 2 listings for your graphics card you have to uninstall both graphics card listings.
6) reboot
( miss a few, basically uses safe mode)
10) open Driver cleaner
11) remove old drivers (ATI or Nvidia)
12) go to tools, cab cleaner and run that (it is slow dont worry)
13) empty recycling bin
14) restart and reinstall Graphics card drivers (ignore the pops ups for "new hardware detected")
15) after reinstall, restart once again.

if your monitor goes off maybe its a power problem. I put an x800xt pe in my bros pc and the monitor light kept flashing which meant low power. Dunno though worth trying the drivers elimates 1 problem totally. But im not that technically brilliant so take my ideas at your own risk !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.