Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help.

Every time I boot up I get this error message. I have looked in the start menu and run Adware and anti-virus scans. It is just annoying.

guysmiley

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the exact error message:

"I can't load dll."

I am guessing it came from a free antivirus software I tried and did not like - and the uninstall did not remove everything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Guysmiley

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
I'd sincerely advise against the above suggestion here.

Its not beneficial for someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of the registry and it will clean entries you need and may delete what will cause even more instability on your system. There are others much better and trustable but I wouldn't even advise to run those here.

I think you should run your AV/AS scans to see what you find here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
@ Kalim, there is nothing wrong with using that program I've recommended. If you go and read about it on the page i've linked, u will find out how good it is. Btw, me personally use it and never had any problem.. But hey, if u dnt want to use it then its ur wish.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
I am guessing it came from a free antivirus software I tried and did not like - and the uninstall did not remove everything.
What was the Anti_virus Program you are referring to?

@ Kalim, there is nothing wrong with using that program I've recommended. If you go and read about it on the page i've linked, u will find out how good it is. Btw, me personally use it and never had any problem.. But hey, if u dnt want to use it then its ur wish.
I am with Kalim on this one, speaking from experience with third party registry cleaners, I have seen too many horrors happen when these are used.
If karanislove wishes to use this it is his/her choice, we are only offering our opinion on the matter.

Plz let it go at that

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am with Kalim on this one, speaking from experience with third party registry cleaners, I have seen too many horrors happen when these are used.
If karanislove wishes to use this it is his/her choice, we are only offering our opinion on the matter.

Plz let it go at that
:peace!:

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
I am only advising on experience with 1000 plus users of RegMechanic and RegCleaner I have dealt with in the last year alone :smile:

I'd have replied the same even if a moderator posted it (they don't though as they are aware), because its nothing against you personally karanislove, but I'm aware of the horrors of users when using these and have seen them on every forum. The ones that are advertised most are the worst in turn usually, causing too many mythical advantages and too much loss leaving the user to only a format and grief. Reg cleaners need to be understood more before use or the damage done can be irrepairable. For one, you don't have much control over it, so unless you are well experienced with them, the user wouldn't know what is happening or why. Thats dangerous when its the most vital part of your computer to run. Most of the time even here are issue where the user has used such an app and now gets all sorts of errors, but we can never track it down (backwards) to what initiated it, but are just left to mop up the fragments leftover. It only makes matters worse.

I do use one, but I don't advise on anyone else using them unless they are very aware of both sides with experience and knowledge of what DCOM, Invalid Services, hives and how the registry is run etc are at the very least.

Take care.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am only advising on experience with 1000 plus users of RegMechanic and RegCleaner I have dealt with in the last year alone :smile:

I'd have replied the same even if a moderator posted it (they don't though as they are aware), because its nothing against you personally karanislove, but I'm aware of the horrors of users when using these and have seen them on every forum. The ones that are advertised most are the worst in turn usually, causing too many mythical advantages and too much loss leaving the user to only a format and grief. Reg cleaners need to be understood more before use or the damage done can be irrepairable. For one, you don't have much control over it, so unless you are well experienced with them, the user wouldn't know what is happening or why. Thats dangerous when its the most vital part of your computer to run. Most of the time even here are issue where the user has used such an app and now gets all sorts of errors, but we can never track it down (backwards) to what initiated it, but are just left to mop up the fragments leftover. It only makes matters worse.

I do use one, but I don't advise on anyone else using them unless they are very aware of both sides with experience and knowledge of what DCOM, Invalid Services, hives and how the registry is run etc are at the very least.

Take care.
:1angel: Thanku for the xplanation Kalim. :smooch:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to karanislove, Kalim and Geekgirl for your comments/suggestions. Unfortunately, I still don't know how to get rid of this error message.
Do I need to contact a local tech who knows how to clear the registry without creating more problems, or is there a program or resource out there that will work and allow me to avoid the expense of hiring someone?

guysmiley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.