Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this was an easy process. The problem I'm having is connecting my two routers wirelessly. I have router 1 connected to cable modem with desktop and other components while router 2 is located on the other side of the house. Just from reading tech support from router site I know one of them has to serve as an access point but have no idea on which or how to set this up. So far I have gotten all of the info from both routers but I don't know where to apply and which to apply it to. I want to connected 2nd router wirelessly to the first one. Can anyone help please?
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Â*

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts
Re: Help with wireless bridging router

Unless the secondary router offers wireless bridge capability, you can't. The exact make, model, and hardware version of those routers would be really useful here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for replying. Router 1 is a Netgear WGR614v6 and router 2 is a Belkin F5D7230-4. Both are wireless G routers and has bridging capability. I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up the bridge.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,035 Posts

Well, you probably can't use the Belkin as the secondary router, I've never gotten their bridging to work with anything but another Belkin. The Netgear WGR614v6 doesn't have wireless bridge capability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.