Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just got rid of a virus thing yesterday by using Malware bytes. When i restarted my computer, it wouldn't turn it. I think it deleted an important file? But anyways, We used the cd and got my computer to start up. All it did was replace some of my file so i could get it to start correctly. It was going fine but when i tryed using my Internet Explorer, It won't work! I click it and the little hourglass comes up for a split second, then nothing. It never comes up. I'm lucky because my firefox is working right. I'm using Windows XP Professional. Oh. And that marlware thing changed my ip address so it was all 000? Also another reson we had to use the cd. I hope i gave enough info for someone to help me.

Thanks~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Help please! Internet Explorer will not open

I've tryed that already. I've tryed Version 8 and 9. My Marlware bytes just found some malware and hijacks. But they are in the registry keys, data and Value? Are they safe to delete?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

Hello and welcome,

Do you remember the names of any of the infections?

What version are you running of XP (including Service pack) and what version of IE?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm not sure about the names of them. But i remeber one was the google redirect Virus. And I think this is Windows XP Professional service pack 3 because when i go into safe mode, it says so on the black background. Right now I have IE 7, but i've tryed the others. The only other problems i've had is my computer not wanting to start up. Do you think my problems could be a virus hijacking my Internet?

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

You could still have a infection, please try this:

I would recommend that you go here; read and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, to here. (Just click on the coloured links.)

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

Good luck :smile:

Please also remember DO NOT post your logs in this thread, please start a new thread here. (Just click on the coloured link.) and post the logs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for your help but i figured out how to fix it! :grin: I cleaned the virus with Malware Bytes and then restarted. I tryed a program called Ad- Aware 6, and it turns out The Virus left a file in my regristy that made it so my Internet Explorer wouldn't open! but the program fixed it and i can now use it again. yay! I hope this helps other people with my problem.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

I would still recommend doing the above o make sure nothing else is lurking in the system.

·
TSF Emeritus
15,079 Posts

No worries.

As this thread is solved, I will be closing it. If the problem comes back please just drop me a PM and I will re open the thread for you.

This only applies to the original thread poster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.