Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I recently was streaming some shows I normally watch and used a site sidereel.com directed me to. Midway through watching the show my spyware search and destroy detected many trojans and such which I deleted.

The next day when I started up my computer it went to a black screen with an underscore in the top left. I googled this on my laptop and found some people on forums with same problem who were told to go into BIOS and change the settings under the BOOT tab for initializing hard drive first. I did this and also noticed under ____ there was nothing their besides something called SATA so I put my HDD which I assume is my hard drive as the first slot and the second as SATA.

Now when my computer starts up it goes to the "Sorry your computer did not shutdown properly...etc" with the safe mode and other start-up options, and when I select an option it just restarts and loops back to that screen.

I went to the blue screen and got the issue code its:
stop: 0x0000007b (0xBACC3528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Please help!

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
Re: Hard drive help! Looping startup options...

If it won't boot into Safe Mode, then some of the Windows core files have been corrupted or removed. Boot from your XP CD and perform a Repair install or take the opportunity to perform a fresh install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Hard drive help! Looping startup options...

unfortunately I don't think I have a XP CD because I had my brother's friend build me a custom computer :S

thanks though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.