Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I tried to search for my specific problem, which I could not find. However, I found this site, and if I'm going to get help this is probably the best place to get it.

Heres how my setup used to go. I would have whatever I wanted recorded up and running. In FRAPS, I would disable record sound. I would then use Creative Mediasource 5 and use it to record What U Here. Then, I would use my TonePort UX2 and Sonar to record my microphone, since its basically its own sound device. Everything was fine for two videos I've made. Unfortunately, I had to reformat. I thought this would be a good time as any to try out Windows 7. I was using Windows XP SP2, or SP3 I honestly don't remember.

However, now when I have FRAPS open and I want to record with Creative Mediasource, it says the Audio device is busy. When I close FRAPS it works fine.

How do I rectify this problem and have it go back to how it once was ? Being able to record two separate sound sources without one of them being directly tied to FRAPS itself was really nice. Should I just go back to good ol XP ?

Sound card is Creative SB X-Fi. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FRAPS/Creative not playing nice

Updated Creative drivers, but still no go. However there was a new release of FRAPS that I wasn't aware of and now it works. Hoooray !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.