Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on here before with fallout 3 issues, but this time it's just that fallout 3 is now crashing whenever I exit the game. Not a big deal doesn't seem to hurt anything but I would like to stop it. I have a lot of mods so those could be the reason. I was wondering if anyone knew a better way to test mods without having to turn one off then start up the game and test it. I know this is being lazy but I was just wondering if there was a program floating around out there that can check mods.

Anyway my specs are:
Power supply: 1000 watt cooler master
GPU: 280 GTX
RAM: roughly 2.75 GB since it's 32 bit
Mobo: Evga 780i
Sound card: Creative X-fi Fatality

I can't think of any other specs I can give. I doubt the specs are the issue. I'm guessing a mod. I also have updated fallout 3 to the latest patch and I have installed the unofficial patch as well. Disregarding turning off mods, is there anything else I could do to stop this issue? I will turn off mods and test but that is the last thing I wish to do.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Re: Fallout 3 minor crashing issues

I think ( I say think because this problem sounds familiar too me but I have not played Fallout 3 in a while) that this problem is quite normal, but make sure your anti-virus and firewall are not blocking the game.

Turning off mods are probably the best option, you can also exit the game buy using Task Manager and ending the game's process.

You should also try running the game as administrator and in compatibility mode for XP SP2.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Fallout 3 minor crashing issues

Well I just tried it and the game still crashes, I'm sure now that it is a mod. Probably a compatibility issue with the current patch. I'm guessing it is the 20th century weapons mod that said there were issues with the new patch. I'm only assuming this, I probably will not turn it off because the mod is just too awesome. I thank for the help you have provided I will say this thread is solved since I know what is causing the issue to occur.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.