Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an internal hard drive that i put in a case! its sata but i have the usb connecting it to the computer and when i first hooked it up it worked fine but the whole point of getting it was so i could encrypt it so i tried using TrueCrypt but never got a successful encryption it would slow down at around 70% and stop at 70.4% and never pass that but now the drive doesnt even show up in my computer it does show up under device manager but doesnt show in disk management also sometime when its pluged in ill try to open computer management and it will freeze but the second i unplug the usb cable my computer unfreezes (ive tried waitng a long time to see if it was loading)

edit: also i remeber when i plug it in to install it i get the software your about to insatll did not pass the windows logo test or what ever!

also in device manager its called sT380811AS USB Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: External Hard Drive problems!

Hello.

Maybe you should try Drive Crypt Plus Pack or DriveCrypt. The main difference between DC and DCPP is that DCPP can encrypt the boot partition (OS, page file, swap file included) while DC can encrypt only non bootable partitions. Also DCPP can encrypt existing data, while with DC you will have to encrypt the partition and only then add the data to it. However DC offers container encryption. The containers can then be stored on CD/DVD. DCPP offers no solution for CD/DVD encryption.

Cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

im sure that would work but i cant access the drive i managed to get it to show up on my computer but when i try to access it or format it everything just freezes

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

ok well i solved it today after much frustration!
I opened the safely remove hardware thing clicked properties on the drive and uninstalled it (ive right clicked on my computer and went to properties but that didnt work i had to do it from safely remove hardware) then unplugged and replugged it in and it installed properly!
note i did restart my computer since then so that may have helped also!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.