Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure when it started, but when I open a certain folder on a network share windows explorer "looks for a solution" and then closes. There is only one folder this happens to and it only contains other folders, html docs, and php docs.

We have dozens of computers that access it fine including 2 identical machines loaded with identical images so I am assuming the user (or software) did something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: Explorer crashes when opening one specific folder

The user that logs into this computer with the issue, have them to log into the identical machine that does not have the issue as him/herself.

Does the issue persist, if it does you know it is probably a permissions issue.
If the problem does not persist then you narrowed it down to that computer or their profile on that computer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

He logged on elsewhere without a problem accessing the dir, but I get the same error when I log on to the trouble machine. Any ideas besides re-imaging?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts

It's weird that it is only one machine but if no matter who logs in, and it is happening every time on this machine only. Yes, I would try re-imaging it first

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I found the issue with the machine. After re-imaging and letting him have the machine back it started happening again. It turned out to be an on-line backup program he installed called "MiMedia" which monitored that directory. As soon as I removed it everything is fine.

Thanks for all your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.