Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting this error:

i both tried that in firefox 3 and firefox 7 and its still the same.
im getting error when i open my facebook in firefox.

do you know what makes that problem?. i thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: error when opening facebook in firefox

ok not only on facebook but also in some sites also. what do you think is the problem...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Do you play on-line games?

Is your o/s xp?

is windows up to date, net framework etc?...

you can try this utility,the error you are getting is system files damaged,

http://www.wiki-errors.com/download.php
thanks Sir for the response.

i used that and i encounter 409 errors. but it didn't fix the errors because it ask me a license....

i also play online games and my OS is windows xp.

it only happens after my friend re install the OS (today).

wow it looks like its a serious error. i hope it can be fix without reinstalling the OS because i don't know how to do it (my friend was the one who did the re installation)

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts

If your friend installed Windows XP today, then either you or he will still have the original disk. Insert the XP CD into the computer and follow this 10 page illustrated guide: Repair Windows XP by Performing a Repair Install (looks long and complicated, but is really easy)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

^ thanks a lot. i have the original disc.. but i think i will ask my friend to do that for me. i kinda feel scared touching the OS...

thanks a lot koala and broparapas for the quick response and help. more power to you both and to this fantastic site

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

ok i took the risk (my friend is not available to do that today..) and i follow the instruction and i finally did the repair installation. it works but the the error was still there...

but i have another problem. after the reinstallation the font became big and when i scroll down the browser it waves. how can i return it back to normal?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

sorry for double post.

i look at the device manager and in the display adapter the nvidia gforce has an exclamation point. and when tried to update the driver with the cd inside it said it could not find the better match.

i look dxdiag ->display and everything there are n/a..

*edited*
wow, i restart my pc and it fix the graphic issue. it now detected the graphic card and the font is now back to normal.

but the error in firefox was still there..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

ok so i look and search in google. and i found out that i need to try mozilla firefox in safemode to see if the problem still persist. and viola it didn't receive any errors. so right now i need to know what is causing this errors.... lets see..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

(the edit button here disappear so fast..my apology for another post)

ok, i manage to fix the problem by disabling the "add on and the extension" in the firefox and then i enable all of it again. and viola no more errors. i went to the site that i frequently experience crashes and i never get it again.

My tip:
if you experience crashes and errors in firefox, run it in safe mode (not your computer's safemode) if you don't experience any error in safemode.then it fixable in firefox itself. If you don't experience any errors in safemode, disable the add ons and extension one by one to see what makes that errors. and try to enable it again to see if the error still persist or not.

so i mark my thread [SOLVED]. :smile:a:popcorn: merry christmas and a happy new year to all of you.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts

Thanks for the updates. Firefox crashes are often caused by faulty or incompatible addons. Which one did you remove to fix the problem?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Thanks for the updates. Firefox crashes are often caused by faulty or incompatible addons. Which one did you remove to fix the problem?
i disable first all the "plugins" and Im still getting that error. so i enable them all again.
and then i start to disable all of the "extensions". and i didn't get any errors after that. i enable it all again and i still didn't get the errors. i have 4 extensions:

1.)avg safe search
2.) avg search tool bar
3.) IDM CC 7.3.10
4.) yahoo toolbar

i permanently disable the avg safe search and the avg search tool bar because it frequently redirects me to "isearch.avg.com" and its so annoying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.