Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, ive ran into the problem of my own lack of "research" before purchase. I bought the Game Ghostbusters, then found zillions of ppl cant play it because of all of its issues, Atari not supporting us as gamers, purchased it through Steam and they pwnd me off to Atari, ( nice little crappy loop they have.) At any rate, I downloaded the 10gb game and when i hit the launch i go to a black screen and get a "ding"
giving me this error that i have to alt + tab to even see. This is discouraging to say the least. Ive more than enough system to run the game. Heres my specs.
OS = Windows 7 Pro x64 Bit
MoBo = XFX X58i
CPU = Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz
Ram = 12gb XMS3 Corsair Tripple Channel
Video = Dual PNY 8800GT XLR8 cards in SLI
HD = 1tb
Power = 1250 Watt CoolerMaster 6 rails 3 offering 28amp

Ive never encountered a game this thing wouldnt run full settings and like lightning, this is something dumb im sure but the answer has eluded not only myself but seemingly thousands and thousands of other gamers out there. If anyone has "The Fix" for this we all would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance for even checkin it out.

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Re: Epic Phail with Ghostbusters

Hello and welcome to TSF
where did you install the game?
C:\program files? or any other place?
if you installed the game on Steam folder, check if The program files folder contains a folder of ghostbusters (I don't know if it's in an atari folder) just search for it in Program files, if you find it, cut the files and paste them where you originally installed the game
Why that?
well the game fails sometimes to install other than the default directory (Program files) or if it installs on let's say D:\game\....
some files installs in the Program files directory
hope that helps you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Thank you for a very quick response
Ok, I had not thought of that, but after serching extensively I came up with nothing. The game is installed in the default steam directory Local Disc c:/programfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/ghostbusters ive updated every possible directx i can find, this is a new system on a fresh install, have no other problems any where at all with the other games, what else ya got? lol Ive also tried to do a full uninstall and reinstall as well as a steam validate and defrag of the cache, nothing changed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just wanted to drop in and offer this little tid bit. My friend talked me into trying ccleaner. Greatest suggestion Ive ever recieved. What ever malfunction GhostBusters was having *theorized that it has to do with their install method and Windows Registry* it fixed it hands down. Now Ghostbusters along with everything else on my pc is back to running like lightning. I Really hope anyone that had experienced this issue or one similar can benefit the same way i did. I personally got the program ( all Freeware) from www.ccleaner.com Im certain you can get it all over the internet as I am finding and of course as with anything online, Read up on it completely before downloading or using, as for myself it was solid, no nasties came with it, just pure clean fixed my pc software. Thank You Again for you assistance. Phx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.