Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I got my PC this past summer. it's an hp pavilion p6310f Desktop. Nvidia Geforce 9100 graphics card, AMD athlon 2 processor, 6 GB of RAM.

The PC was running great the first few months, running call of duty 1,2,4, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Republic Commando, perfectly, never lagging. and only the past 2-3 months i have been getting really bad, sporadic lag. I am playing Alliance of Valiant Arms and Medal of Honor Airbourne, and I can't go 10 minutes without lagging for 5. Alliance of Valiant Arms worked perfect just a few months ago with no lag! but it got gradually worse.
I have tried gamebooster, systemscare, defrags, deleting stuff, increasing virtual memory, turning down the graphics and stuff. even a system restore. no luck.

I don't know what to do. I just want to game in lagless peace.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts
Re: Epic Lag of Doom. Please help.

Hello and welcome to TSF

Are AvA and MoH the only games that experience lag? Make sure that there are not many background tasks running, including an anti-virus scan.

Download PC Wizard and post a screenshot like the following attachment

Attachments

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
9,133 Posts

120 centigrade doesn't look healthy, never mind I don't think that is a proper reading. Are you sure the insides of your computer are clean of dust and dirt and proper airflow has been achieved? Normally I would suspect your PSU but you have integrated graphics so I don't think it is a problem.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts

120C is the point where the graphics chip throttles itself (reduces performance) to prevent damage from overheating. As Wolf says, open the case, clean out any dust and make sure all the fans are spinning.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Thanks for posting back with your solution. You just need to clean out the case and check the fans every couple of months to keep it running smoothly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.