Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok lets see.. I'm using joytokey and a Saitek rumble force controller. It has a d-pad, 2 analog sticks (each of them also a button), 2 trigger buttons, and 6 circular buttons. So far i've set up everything but the analog stick buttons, the entire right analog stick, and the d-pad.

I just dont see how to set it.. On joytokey it goes up to 32 configurable buttons but I can't find anything for my right analog stick or the d-pad. I would like to be able to assign the right analog stick to some keys on my keyboard that would let me have more control over the camera in my game. I would also like to be able to set the dpad up to work as some other keys that would let me put bufs on my controller as well as my attack rotation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: eed some help configuring my controller.

I use Xpadder
it's easier and much better
you can get it for free from here :
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml
if you need help with it, just ask
Thanks for the link. I'm just now setting up the controller scheme for the game I play but I skimmed through the options and stuff to check it out first and it looks pretty good. I appreciate the help because now I should be able to fit a lot more commands on my controller.

--------------------------------------------
Ok so im having the same problem with this program as I had when I first started using joytokey. For some reason everything seems to be working.. I can go to notepad and hit the buttons on the controller and itll be putting in the right keyboard strokes.

But for some reason whenever I go to my WoW client xpadder just doesn't seem to get through to the game. For some reason like I could open chat and hit the buttons but no letters come up it just wont work. I think this may be a vista issue because I looked online to see if other people had the same problem so I wouldn't have to get on a support forum somewhere and found people saying all you need to do is right click the program and run as administrator.

Fortunately.. doing that fixed my joytokey issue with WoW but for some reason the fix is not working with xpadder. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: eed some help configuring my controller.

Ok now for some reason I am unable to edit my post so if there is a doublepost rule please forgive meh.

Anyways I finally fixed the problem on my own. Right clicked xpadder and went to properties and played around with some stuff. Used compatibility mode and set it to always run as administrator. Could possibly be a little overkill but it IS working now so all is well. ^_^

Thanks again for the link I've never heard of xpadder before today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.