Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had my laptop dual booted with windows and linux but i decided to take linux off cause i was using it in a virtual machine and i wanted more hard drive space so i followed a video tutorial and i used easybcd to fix the mbr and to skip the boot menu but when i restarted my laptop it sent me to the rescue grub loader. so i put in my windows disc that came with the laptop thinking i can repair the windows 7 OS but i won't let me because it's not compatible with my laptop for some reason. Is there any way for me to get back to my old install of windows without having to reinstall it and all my old programs because i had alot of stuff for school on there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Dual booting deletion didnt delete grub loader

i even tried using a program that would reset my mbr but it still went to the grub rescue screen and i looked and the only partitions i have left are the ones that are used for the windows system

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i managed to fix it by live booting into linux mint 13 form the dvd and installing an boot loader that would just boot windows right off the bat and yes i did try that and it wouldnt let me get past the part where i had to choose which partition to put a new install of windows on because of some mbr issue and therefore i could never get to the option to use system recovery options

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts

Ok glad your sorted well done,please use the thread tools at the top of the page and mark this solved thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.