Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I do not have a clue what my PSu wattage is, I have opened up the computer and on the power supply it says I have a 150 watt PSU, I do not believe this, the standard for a desktop Pc should be 300 watts, or 250..

My computer model is packard bell ISTART F2310 AIO

These Are My Specs

1GB Ram DDR2 PC4300
160 GB HDD
Intel Pentium D (Dual Core, Multi Threading)
SiS Mirage Integrated Graphics Card
Windows Vista Home Basic

And If it is 150 watt can you please tell me what the best GPU for a 150 watt psu is?

Thanks dudes..I dont have the money to change a PSU right now..and buy a GPU I'd rather buy the GPU..

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Re: Dont know my PSU wattage

From what my research has found, the power supply for that model is 250W. Unfortunately you need to upgrade your power supply before you can start thinking about purchasing a graphics card. You won't find a graphics card that fits your requirements that can run off a 250W PSU so, as i said, you should upgrade your PSU before even thinking about getting a new graphics card.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Can u give me the source of what u just researched, if u do have a link that would be cool so i can sure that it is 250watts.

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

if you buy a gpu with your current psu you will blow your system or atleast get seriouse errors. You need to get the psu first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No, I Mean How Did U Find Out My Computer Was A 250 Watt PSU???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

I Just Opened Up My Computer Now And It Said Something Like 3.6V & 5= 115 Watt I Forgot, But It Was Somethin Like That..and Then It Said Something Like 230VAC Or 230 Volts Or Something

·
Enthusiast
16,762 Posts

regardless of what it says, you have said you want a a GPU and then will buy a new PSU if you do this you will have system problems you need a new PSU before the GPU

To find out the wattage of the PSU we can type the name of your computer into google and find out about it.

·
Banned
4,862 Posts

3.3V & 5V = 115W means that the total combined output of your 3.3V and 5V rails is 115W. However, the 12V rail is what delivers most of the power. If your 3.3V+5V output is 115W, a total wattage of 225-300W sounds about right, probably 250W. 230VAC is just the type of input power it takes (230 volt alternating current), which is standard for the UK and Europe.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Open the case and look on the Label on the PSU. It will tell you the size (wattage) of the PSU.

·
Moderator Hardware Team
26,228 Posts

Can u give me the source of what u just researched, if u do have a link that would be cool so i can sure that it is 250watts.
The spec sheet on Packard Bell's website (link) doesn't mention the PSU, but if you google the model number, ISTART F2310 AIO, there are forum posts from owners of this computer that say the PSU is only 250W.

Example: http://www.pchelpforum.com/graphics/73870-graphics-card-packard-bell-istart-2310-a.html (post#3)
I've just checked, there are some calculations, then 115W, but then next to that it says 'total continuous output shall not exceed 250W' - so I assume 250watts
Remove the side panel from the case. The full details will be listed on the PSU label.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It does'nt matter anymore, i bought a 720 watt atrix psu and i have a 9800gt 1gb gddr3! Thanks for the replies anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.