Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of motorola radios (t5500) and was just wondering if anyone could tell me why when I tap the ptt (push-to-talk) button all the symbols on the screen light up and the numbers 218188 come up. and if I hold the button then let go, ivox turns on. I have never owned motorola radios before and am completely befuddled.

this problem is making it impossible to communicate because the ptt button is turning on ivox and not letting me talk, making the radio useless, and I am getting no support from motorola.

sorry about posting this odd question, but I have gotten so much help before that I was sure you guys could fix this problem.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Re: don't know if this is relevant

Sounds like a question for Motorola. I'm not familiar with those, but my Motorola radios have never done that. :smile:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I just realized that the screen that comes up when I push the ptt button is the same that comes up when I turn on the radio. which leads me to believe that somehow by pushing the ptt button I am turning the radio off and then on again, and to turn on ivox you hold down ptt while turning the radio on.

now if I could only figure out why the ptt button resets the radio...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

as it turns out I just needed new batteries. the radio doesn't work if the batteries are even a little bit low. so it's solved

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts

Interesting. I have a bunch of similar Motorola radios, but I've had the batteries in them forever, and so far it's not an issue.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

your radios are probably not broken, I had to return these and get new ones which was a pain because I bought them over amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.