Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK so i got the adapter above and when i try to install it through the new hardware wizard it says that it can't find a driver. This adapter did not come with a CD and the instructions just say that windows will load usb.inf for the driver. Which it doesn't. I even directed it to where that file is stored and it wouldn't work. So i went out to dlink's site for the driver and it wasn't easy to find http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSB-500 went to download the driver and it tells me that XP already has the driver, yeah the one that it doesn't use apparently.:upset: So now i am stuck. This is the third USB expansion card that i have tried and none of them have worked. They were all different brands and even different connections (pci, pci express). Do these cards just not work at all?

Oh and my system specs in case somebody asks

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Dlink DSB-500 USB Host Adapter

I've found a USB hub that i thought i didn't have and just installed that instead so i guess all is good. There was a nice secondary effect of that card though, turn out when i have it connected i lose my sound. The other PCI slot apparently doesn't have enough free resources with the other slot in use to i couldn't use my sound card. So i just removed the whole thing because i like having sound over a non working USB adapter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.