Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am having some problem in adjusting my desktop’s display settings. I have reinstalled windows XP home edition and installed all the drivers including video card drivers. But my display settings just stuck at 640 by 480 pixels. I tried to adjust it at little bit higher settings , I tried at 800 by 600 pixels, 1152 by 768 pixels and higher but when I hit apply in display properties it keep on coming back at 640 by 480 pixels. I checked video card properties and it shows its working okay and have no confliction with any other device These are few things I tried so far but nothing helped.

1) I uninstalled video card drivers and installed it again
2) I tried another video card on PCI slot
3) I tried to change adaptor settings in display properties
4) I tried uninstalling all other devices like sound, Ethernet and wireless drivers but nothing seemed helping

Could anybody please tell me why its happening and how can I fix it. If you need any more details please let me know. My motherboard is Foxconn and it has integrated SIS FX661 pro video card. I tried Nvidea video card on PCI slot but got same problem.

Thanks in advance
Pal

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: display resoltutions stuck at 640 by 480 pixels ?

Just had someone with this same problem and they fixed it by going to Nvidia's website and using updated drivers.

It also seems that any PCTools software may conflict with video drivers so if you have their Spyware Doctor or AnitVirus installed, uninstall them and see what happens.

Pauldo

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: display resoltutions stuck at 640 by 480 pixels ?

Thanks a lot ..yah that was the reason.. this is the first time i installed spyware doctor from Google pack in somebody's computer. I unistalled that software and everything seems back to normal now. Thanks again for such a wonderful information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.