Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I keep trying to download directx 9 for my computer and when it start installing it pops up a window saying "A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Pleas verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid" ok I understand computer and all but this just got me saying WHAT?! please help me I'm lost and confused and don't know what to do...and I can't use this one software that I want to use for music but it won't allow me because I don't got Directx 9 so please help

P.S. If you want to see the screen shot of what I'm talking about look for an attachment that I attach to this post

Attachments

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Re: Directx problem

Hi DespisedMC and welcome to TSF !

Directx 9.0c is included in XP SP2 and XP SP3. Log on an admin account, go to start => run and type dxdiag to verify that it's properly installed.

Make sure you're trying to install and use that music software on an admin account. What software is it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have sp3 and I'm always log on the admin account and it said is installed properly and I just can't get it to work and the music software I'm trying to install is a free software called drum machine and it for to be able to play rock band drums on a pc...here the link to the page http://andrewrudson.com/drummachine/main.php

Attachments

·
Registered
6,641 Posts

No need to reinstall directx if it's working properly. Click on the display, sound and music tabs and click on the test buttons to make sure everything's fine.

There's a warning on the main page of your program about updating the directx runtime (this is different from installing directx) before running the program. Did you use this link :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Have you installed all the latest critical updates from Windows update ?

If you can't install the runtimes try downloading the missing dlls manually. Some programs require additional .dll files to work and I've often seen this with older games and d3dx....dll files. Download the missing d3dx9_37.dll file here (I tested it it's clean), then copy it in the root of drum machine (the folder where the main .exe file is located) and in the c:\windows\system32\ folder. Retry to start the program and see how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.