Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Dell inspiron mini 10 help!

33K views 25 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
Hello. I just got the new Dell Inspiron Mini 10 laptop and I'm trying to set up my internet connection. I have a Sony Vaio Desktop that uses a modem from AT&T and a Netgear WPN824 Wireless Router.

I followed the laptop's instruction manual to set up the internet, and everything was going fine until I had to insert my flash drive into my wireless router. There isn't a USB port on my router. So I clicked on the bars on the bottom right corner of the laptop to click on a wireless connection because it gave me the option too. I clicked the NETGEAR connection and nothing happened. So then I reinstalled Netgear and created a password to access. I tried connecting to NETGEAR again and gave the password but still nothing happened. Then I noticed the "wireless" light isn't lit on the front of the router. However, there's internet access on my Wii and brothers' iPod touches through Netgear.

What am I doing wrong??

#10 ·
Re: Dell inspiron mini 10 help!

When I did the Wireless Network Setup Wizard through the control panel it told me to put my flash drive into the router.

When I right click on the wireless icon, it gives me the option to turn wireless on/off (it's on now).

There's a switch on the keyboard to enable wireless.

#13 ·

When I right click on Wireless Network Connection it says "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection..."

But when I double click on the bars in the corner, NETGEAR is there, and I click to connect, but nothing happens.

#14 ·

Look in Network connections . . right click on the wireless connection . . select Properties. In the Wireless connections tab, put a chekc in the Let Windows Manage this connection" box.

Then go into Services and change Wireless Zero Configuration service to Automatic and start it . . then see if you can connect

#15 ·

So you do have Netgear software and probably do not have Windows Wireless Zero Configuration enabled.

Type services.msc into the run box and assure Windows Wireless Zero Configuration is started and it is set to automatic.

Netgear software can be removed via the add/remove programs.

#16 ·

There is no "Let Windows Manage this connection" option.

It says under "Wireless Network Connection Properties":

Connect using:
Dell Wireless 1510 Wireless-N WLAN

This connection uses the following items:

Client for Microsoft Windows
File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
QoS Packet Scheduler
Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
*there's an option to check/uncheck those items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.