Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a windows 11 laptop that I am getting rid of. I want to delete all accounts so that when it is powered up by a new user, they will have to create their own user account.
How can I do that?
Thanks.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,850 Posts
You should reinstall Windows from a USB Flash drive. Download the ISO image of Windows 11 and burn it to a USB Flash Drive with the Media Creation Tool on the same page. Boot off the computer from the Flash Drive. In the installer, choose your Language and then Custom Install. Here Delete ALL Partitions so the drive it all Unallocated Space, then press Next. Windows will create new partitions and format them during the install. Follow the prompts after the first Reboot. When it comes time to choose a Network, shut down the computer. When the new user starts the computer, it will start where it left off, asking the new User to login to their Wifi Network or their Ethernet cable. It will then ask them to login with their Microsoft Account or a Local Account user name they create.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll certainly give that a try, thanks again. This forum is amongst the best I have used, I am glad I found it. :):):)
This beast had some serious problems, including it would not boot to a USB drive, and was difficult to power on. Also, it refused to do a reset on command. I eventually walked away from it and when I came back, an hour later, it had done a reset all by itself and was displaying the Win 11 splash screen. So all the accounts were gone. Maybe it was possessed by the devil. It was a Windows 8.1 Fit 14 that had been buggered with and had 11 installed on it, by a previous user. It is no longer in my ownership, thank goodness!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts