Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ive just upgraded my cpu from ath 64x2 4600 am2 to ath 64x2 6000 am2 and upon first boot i got he "hardware has changed go uupdate CMOS hit f10 to save" type message (not exact but you get the picture) not knowing what to do i entered the BIOS looked around but dident see anything about CMOS in there so i saved abd let the pc boot , all seems fine except my new chip has no name or says "unknown prosesor" it has the ghz correct just no name . ive learned a litte about cmos ,that its the battery back up sys config or somthing like that for power loss recovery or somthing . anyway whats the best thing to do ?? can i enter a screen and update the info >? i have the #'s off the chip or somthing about shorting out the battery holder area ? lol

Thanks in advance
Kro

asus m2n32-sli delux mobo, ath 64x 6000 3.1 ghz chip, 8g ddr2 ram, win vista ultra 64, VGA EVGA 02G-P3-1185-AR GTX 285, 680w ps ..

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
Re: cpu upgrade/CMOS edit?

Hi,

To clear the CMOS you need to either change the pins on the jumper or take out the silver battery of the motherboard for 30 seconds or so. If you wish to do it via the jumpers, you will need to check your motherboard manual to find out where the jumper is - once you located, you will need to change the jumper to another pin, then set it back; pretty simple really.

If you wish to do it via the battery, just locate it and it will be 'clamped' in place, press the release button and leave the battery out for 30 seconds and then put it back in - then boot up your system.

Regards,
Nick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.