Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my mobo telling me i have installed a new proccessor every time i turn on my computer - even though i havent touched it. Any thoughts? I also seem to be having a problem with my clock not being right all the time. it will randomly reset to jan 1, 2002 12:00 am. I have replaced the battery on the mobo several times with to no avail?

Asus p4p800 Deluxe - pentium 4 2.8 gh. - otherwise when it is booted up, it seems to run fine.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Re: cpu issues

Make sure that the clear cmos jumper ispresent and on the correct pins (usually 1 & 2) Its also not uncommon to get a cr2032 battery that is old and weak from the store, if you purchased them all from the same place their stock could be old. And make sure the battery polarity is correct, usually its the smooth side facing out

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

has anybody ever heard of a processor needing to be reseated in its socket. i have recently moved and the machine had to endure a long ride, in the car. before the move the problem was only intermitent. Not - lateley, i am having video card problems as well. i can usually get it to work but only after a few restarts. i did replace the battery for the cmos but they were older batteries, maybe i will try a newer one.

i have looked for replacment motherboards, but they dont make anything that can take my processor and mem...... and also has raid. - anybody recemend any mobo with my requriments? - without having to build a new computer

·
Registered
130 Posts

yeah definitely try buying a new battery for your cmos, they're pretty cheap. then configure bios to correct video card type (agp,pci,etc...) and processor settings also (clock rate, etc..).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Finally!!

Four!! Batteries Later i have one that works.

All Seems well now.

Dont Buy Batteries from Wal-Mart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.