Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, my dad just got me a new PSU which I of course installed. After I thought I had everything plugged in right, I gave it a boot... and to my surprise all it did was making the startup noise (I suspect the fan), and it didn't show anything on my screen. We then both put the older PSU in, which did the same thing. The new PSU contains 520 Watt, while the older one only has 150. I also installed a new graphic card with it, but that doesn't really seem to be the problem, since I also tried booting it without the card. The new Graphic Card is an ASUS EN9500GT if it's any use. Help is much appreciated.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Cooler Master Real Power M520 Problem

Yes it was, but because I needed a better PSU, my dad bought me that one with the ASUS Graphic Card and brought the Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT back.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Have you tried the monitor with another PC?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hmm, it works now.
This is what happened: I was just checking everything, hoping I'd find a solution. I turned on the pc, but it kept making a bootup sound, so then I tried booting without the 4 pin cable, which didn't work as well. Then I put it back in while it was still on, and it made an electric spark. I thought I killed it, but I didn't. Then I just restarted my pc and to my surprise it worked o_O Seems like there was something with that cable, I thought I had it plugged in right though, but owh well. It works now :3 Thanks for all the help ppl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.