Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay , I can not believe this. Where could my cookie folder have gone? I downloaded IE7 yesterday, and today I went to delete my cookies and the folder is no longer where it normally was. How do I get it back? I searched my computer and can't find a cookies folder anywhere. Sorry If this is a really stupid problem with a simple solution... I'm stumped tho and help is appreciated.:4-dontkno

·
Registered
425 Posts
in IE7 go to tools, internet options, the second item is called browser history click on settings it will tell you the location of the file.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
That worked , so is it just different because of IE7? All the cookies are in with temp internet files. Theres a folder called cookies but nothing is in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Cookie Folder Gone??? (RESOLVED)

the problem (and i'm not sure how it's come about) is that the "all users" folder has become a "super hidden" folder, which means it is now a hidden system folder. You can check that this is the problem by going to "tools", "folder options" "view" in my my computer and clicking "show hidden files and folders" and un-checking "hide protected operating system files (recommended)" then clicking on ok, and the "all users" folder should appear, this solution worked for me.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts

The reason that you can't see the cookies folder is because of a setting in Windows Explorer. Go to Tools | Folder Options (from Windows Explorer), click on the View tab and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files". You'll be able to see the cookies folder now.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts

This is an old thread and will be closed. If the OP wants it reopened please pm me or a Moderator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.