Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a laptop with a female VGA (or SVGA, I am not sure, but I guess it is the same thing) and the same thing on a TV.

Is this all I am going to need?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812105039

I am pretty sure that that's all for the video part, but how about the audio? Is that kind of cable all I need? I have a 3.5mm headphones jack in my laptop, but is there a proper port on the back of my TV? I have no idea, because there is a whole bunch of ports there.

What should I do?

·
Premium Member
12,666 Posts
Re: Connect a laptop to a TV

On the back of your tv is there an input for the audio for the computer? It would be labeled so if there was. The cables you linked comes with a cable to connect the audio if your tv supports it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

On the back of your tv is there an input for the audio for the computer? It would be labeled so if there was. The cables you linked comes with a cable to connect the audio if your tv supports it.
I understand. I just don't know if what I have in the TV is the same 3.5mm hole that I have in my laptop. On my TV there is one hole that says "EX-UNK". Is that what I need?

You know what the great confusion comes from? For example a 3.5mm hole in my laptop will GIVE me the sound. I guess a TV should have the same hole that TAKES the sound. If it is like that then a cable I found is perfect for me.

On the other hand... What if a hole that my TV has (EX-UNK) is something that GIVES the sound to? For example it is a hole I would use to connect the headphones to my TV and listen to it.

·
retired
1,966 Posts

hello ervand,
suggest you post the make-n-model of the TV monitor to verify the connections.

EX-UNK looks very much like EX-LINK and that is not sound related (it's a connection to a motorized wall bracket used to adjust TV viewing angle using the TV remote control).

if the one you selected is not directly compatible you can add a 3.5mm stereo female to 2 RCA male "Y" cable for the audio input.

·
retired
1,966 Posts

yes that PCVA-X14015BPH cable will work okay with your tv.

emosun has indicated the pc in section has the video/audio ports side-by-side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.