Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hp pavillion a6702f

when the HP starts to load up it gets stuck on DHCP.

DHCP.......... goes like that for like 30 seconds... then it finally loads up the computer

its windows vista

just reformatted the computer too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Computer takes long to start

ok ill try that when i go back to work in the morning thank you ill keep you posted...thank you for your help... i think that might do it... will post in the morning if it worked or not...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this something that changed recently? What it is trying to do is boot from the network (hence the DHCP message, its trying to get an IP address and find a server to boot from). Typically, a network boot option is one of the last attempts a PC will make in order to boot. It should be trying to boot from removable media (USB, Floppy, CD) first, then any hard drives, then the network.

Not trying to scare you, but you may have some kind of hardware failure happening if this just started to occur. You may either just have a cable going bad or worse, a bad hard drive. Anything happen recently (power outage, etc?)

Ignore my statement about failing hardware. I was just re-reading everything this morning and realized that you could boot, just that it was trying to boot from the network before the hard drive. Definitely change the boot order so that the hard drive boots before the network. Still curious how this got changed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Computer takes long to start

thank you to all...

I went to bois ...and fixed the boot order... that did the job... thank you again to the user that help me... ill come on this site again for future help.. this matter is closed now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.