Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, im kinda new here and though id ask for a little help if possible.

Basically, im having an issue where my comp just wont start. After reading multiple threads about this issue, and tried multiple things, im stuck! I have just installed a new case for my comp, have connected all my power stuff and all that. When im starting my comp, all the fans, hhds, dvd drives and everything loads up...but no beep.

What makes this strange is that after i installed the case, this started happening. so i thought it might be the hhd's and changed the IDE cables...and it worked! so....somehow it was working and when i rebooted it...it stopped working. i just dont understand how it could not work...then suddenly work, and now stop working again.

i dont know if i have somehow fried anything, is there a way to check?

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

·
Registered
25,116 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Computer starting issues

Hi Joe

Thanks for that link. I did the test and now everything is running fine. Is a lil sluggish, but im sure that my own fault heh

Although, the only thing i changed was that i took my IDE exp slot out and changed over my 2 sticks of ram (ie. from slot1 to 3, and 3 to 1).

Could this have been the issue?

Thanks again

Raz

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Re: Computer starting issues

you may have knocked the ram while working inside and dislodged one it does not take much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.