Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I've got a big problem with my old computer.
Its a 1.2Ghz Duron with 512+256 RAM and 64MB Video and 40GB HDD. Running Win XP SP2. (Was one of the best PCs you could get back in 2001 :laugh: )
Recently i REINSTALLED (using the same CDs) a game is was playing a long time ago - C&C Generals Zero Hour.
It worked fine, didnt even lag, few months ago but now the computer reboots as soon as i start the game or enter it with the "moving" background. Same happens to Empire Earth 2 (Had it installed before too and worked good).
And other games i had before like NFSU/NFSU2 LAG now when reinstalled.
I checked for overheating .. nothing.. doesnt even go over 50 degrees on 100% CPU use (32 on Idle). Defragmented the whole HDD, checked for spyware and viruses.. no change.
The PC works absolutely fine on everything else though, only on games it reboots with no warning or error message.
Any suggestions?
Maybe because my Win was last reset almost 2 years ago?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Computer reboot upon game launch

Vcore - 1.728V
Vcc2.5V - 2.464V
Vcc3.3V - 3.264V
Vcc5V - 4.892V
+12V - 12.224V
-12V - -11.475V
SB5V - 4.999V
VBAT - 3.152V
If thats what you were asking about. Im unable to edit these things and they are constant.
I cant overload the CPU, i tried it. It reboots only on those 2 games (the only 2 i have checked so far). All others: NHL07, GO, 9Dragons, WOW work OK even if the CPU runs at over 90% for hours. Those 2 games reboot even after idle when the CPU is literary cold, so it cant be overheating in less than 1 second, exactly in that moment when the visual should appear.
I was launching Zero Hour while monitoring the temp. got to 39 from 34 and in that moment when the action should start (just after after loading).. bam... reboot. I was able to run the both games for ~10s once though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.