Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer when you turn it on goes normal and it's like it resets every three seconds. It will never boot. You turn on the power and it goes for 2-3 seconds then off for an even shorter time and does it again over and over. Help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Computer power on/off quickly?

I had this problem a few weeks ago and after carful cleaning of the system I found the heatsink on the processor wasn't seated properly causing the processor to overheat therefor causing the shut down. after seating the heatsink it worked fine.

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts

Could be any number of issues. Reboot issues that quickly are typically caused by the power supply or motherboard.

The cpu, as noted above, is a possiblity. But it is also typically associated with a continuious beep (high temp warning) and a shut down...not reboot.

If you don't see anything obvious when you open it up...then you will need to pull it apart and test. There is a guide here > http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/how-to-bench-test-your-system-262998.html

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts

Your symtoms relate to a power issue. Knowing what we're working with is usually helpful for us to effectively assist you.
PC Specs?
Pre-Built Brand & Model Number
Custom Built-Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-RAM-Graphics-PSU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.