Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to re-activate previous thread:-

Computer not starting/booting
The motherboard is an ASUS P45800-MX using Windows XP SP3, about 1.5GB RAM. Has AGP video card, 1 HD (IDE), CD/DVD drive and floppy drive.

Six moths ago installed a new power supply unit (PSU).

Problem is the computer will not turn on. When I press the start button, computer will not boot. I notice that the green pilot light on the motherboard does not light on. When I turn the main power supply off and then turn it back on the PSU, this pilot light comes on then fades off.

Any ideas/suggestions.

Computer did boot after playing with power leads, however now will not boot. The green pilot light is flashing and the fan on the chip unit is running.

Ay ideas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a Shaw Elite 680W. I have been turning off the power supply after shutting down. When I turn the power supply on the light comes on and I have been able to boot OK. Now, however, when I do this the green light flashes and it will not boot. Noticed the last time I successfully booted, the time had changed back to 1 January 2002. Have reset the time OK. I have searched Google and there was a mention about the Cmos battery charge?? I downloaded a program SpeedFan which is supposed to give reading including voltages etc. It shows the following readings:
VCORE: 1.54V -5V: 0.63V
+3.3V: 3.31V +5VSB 5.13V
+5V 5.00V VBAT 0.26V
+12V 11.49V
-12V 5.53V

Does the battery need changing and would this be my problem??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just installed Everest and got the following readings:

CPU: 1.54V
+3.3V 3.31V
+5V 5.00V
+12V 12.03V (changes up to 12.10V)
+5 V Standby 4.65V
VBAT 0.26V

·
ROG Enthusiast
1,497 Posts
Umm not sure why you marked this thread as Solved... But i suspect your PSU has failed as it is not a quality brand PSU, and they will fail.

Your voltages are fine (+/- 5%) But this doesn't account for anything under load.And your pc uses allot of power loading to windows.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
VBAT 0.26V

the battery is dead. take it out and get the same type from a store that sells fresh batteries, like a camera store or pharmacy (not a dollar store, it'll be dead by the time you get it home).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.