Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just reinstalled windows xp on my computer and it constantly freezes at different times for no reason, i had it just fixed for a motherboard problem as it was fried so when i got it back problems started. i ran spyware scan and virus scan, defragmented and checked everything but dont know why it freezes

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Re: New member needs assistance

Hello syedz, Welcome to TSF! :wave:

I have moved your posts into its own thread, as it tends to confuse the issue when you 'piggyback' on another's thread, as the causes could be totally different.

Please follow simpswr's suggestion, as well as installing all the Windows Updates.
Post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
2,697 Posts

Hello syedz, Welcome to TSF....

This will elaborate on simpswr's post a little bit better so you will know where and what to get.

Since windows was re-installed the thing that has to be done is to install all of the special drivers like chipset, buss, network, audio, video and others, they can be installed in any order you wish and can be found on the system recovery disk set for the computer if it is an OEM like Compaq, Dell etc. or if you do not have a recovery disk set the drivers can be found on the manufacturers web site for either the motherboard or the manufacturer of the computers web site. You can download these drivers and burn to a CD-R and then install those following instructions to reboot when asked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

i installed the drivers in already and after reading a bit i found out i should check my pc for dust turned out that the fan was completely dust covered so i cleaned it and it worked fine for a couple of days but then started to freeze again after high activity from the processor such as simultanouse programs running so could anyone help thanx in advance.
also could anyone recommend any good websites that explain in detail the mechanics behind computer activity such as explaining how motherboards interact with other componenets thanx (i'm a newbie trying to get into computers)

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
Re: computer freezes

what
video card
cpu
m/board
power supply
brand
wattage
are you running