Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to watch a Dvd I've copied to my computer with an older TV. I copied the DVD using Dvd-decripter, so it should be totally DRM free. I have a NVIDIA video card and have it set on duel view, and every thing looks great and displays fine, but when I try to watch a DVD in Windows Media Player (I also tried a different player) the video only shows up on my LCD, not the TV. Yet all surrounding items show on both screens. I played a .mov file I had in the same player and the video showed up on both the TV and LCD. Is this some form of DRM at work, and if it is can I bypass it?

I'm using my video cards S-Video out, and plugging that into a RF Modulator, and from there to my TV. The strange part is that every thing carries over but the video, and in its place is just black.

Thanks for all suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Comp S-Video to TV S-Video working but no DVD's

I found the problem.

I switched the primary display (from the NVIDA manager) to the TV. This way the video only shows up on the TV, not the LCD. It must be a Digital Rights Management thing, because while the video is playing, the Nvida manager will not allow you to make any changes to the displays. Man DRM pisses me off!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.