Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Chrome characters issue

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  minbox 
#1 ·
*this is written in notepad where the issue is not present*

When I press an character, i.e. & @ etc, the characters appears with other special characters instead of what they should be. I think I maybe pressed a certain combo of several buttons on the keyboard when the issue began.

I hope there is a solution for this issue, it is very annoying. Thank you for your time!

#2 ·
Re: Chrome characters issue

I was going to suggest checking your language and keyboard settings in Control Panel, but I think that would affect all programs, not just Chrome.

US and UK use different keyboard layouts so, for example, the characters " and @ are swapped.

Are there any language or keyboard options in Chrome? Are you using any addons?

#3 · (Edited)
Re: Chrome characters issue

I was going to suggest checking your language and keyboard settings in Control Panel, but I think that would affect all programs, not just Chrome.

US and UK use different keyboard layouts so, for example, the characters " and @ are swapped.

Are there any language or keyboard options in Chrome? Are you using any addons?
I have no idea why, but I just checked the control panel -> language settings. When I removed American keyboard settings the issue was solved..

Strange, because I removed the American setting for a long time ago. For me it appear that Chrome have added American keyboard layout, and used that as default, but Windows itself used Norwegian keyboard layout (that is set as default by Windows).

Anyway, your advice was most appreciate! :pray:

I love this forum, I always get answers no matter how complicated or easy the question is, and you are so friendly. Mostly I got answers from staff members, incredible that you use so much of your own time to help other guys out.

To all members and especially mods+admins: Thank you for a great site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.