Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Cant remove itunes from XP

8K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Ageclipsegt 
#1 ·
I am having trouble removing itunes from my copy of Xp thus making me want to do a fresh install of xp.

When I proceed to try and remove it it says"invalid drive F:\ and I no longer have a drive F so I tried to download and install a copy of itunes and it says the same thing.

Is therenny way I can forcefully remove it. I tried fixing the registry and used a few uninstall programs but still the same thing.

Thankyou:wave:

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Cant remove itunes from XP

I'm not sure if you've done this or not but here's how I would start:

1.) Open the start menu, click "control panel", then "add or remove programs", then in the list, find iTunes, highlight it and select "change/remove".

2.) If that doesn't work, that sucks, next I would do start menu, then "search", search in "all files and folders", search for iTunes, and try to manually delete anything that comes up.

If you are still getting the error message after this, then hopefully someone else has better advice.

**Also, this may be a LONG shot but cant hurt to try if you're out of options, this Windows Installer Clean Up utility MIGHT help, iTunes is in the list when I open it up on my computer.

Link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

G
#3 ·

@Ageclipsegt: You second option:

2.) If that doesn't work, that sucks, next I would do start menu, then "search", search in "all files and folders", search for iTunes, and try to manually delete anything that comes up.
Would still leave registry entries behind, not removing the whole entire program.

@KHPower: Follow Age's first option but if this does not work I would like you to navigate to:

Removing Itunes

Support Website, or you can call Apple Support for further options.

#4 ·

Thanks for the responses:smile:

I tried everything , from the remove programs to registry cleaners. During uninstall it says something like C:\windows\installer\itunes.msi cant install/uninstall. I also tried uninstall programs but it is still there. Tried to go through all folders and delete what I find. i may try to do a repair install

Thankyou

#5 · (Edited)

Victory!

I have succesfully configured and removed itunes! Now I got a working fresh copy.

I did more research on my exact problem and it was basicly because I had some hidden itunes folder somewhere and when trying toinstall or repair itunes my computer was looking for a folder that was once there.

I then downloaded windows install cleanup and found the itunes and deleted and retarted and everything worked. WHen I re-installed itunes instead of it trying to download to drive F (it always used that as a default) it said C;/program files and the install went smooth.

No need to repair or reformat!

I want my weekend back:sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.